Who says you have to skip the stuffing? We say: no more! You can now have ALL the stuffing your heart desires with this low carb stuffing recipe. This recipe is crisp on top and juicy on the inside, just like a good stuffing should be!! Follow the recipe below and enjoy!!
1 loaf of ROYO bread, cut into bite-sized pieces (Only 1g net carbs per slice!)
6 tbsp. olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/4 c. minced yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp. freshly chopped sage, minced
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced
1/2 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
1 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350° and oil a medium baking dish. In a large bowl, toss bread with 6 tablespoons olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and toast until golden and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute onion and celery and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Place bread in a large bowl and add skillet mixture. Toss to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth and beaten egg and pour over bread mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper and toss until completely coated.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake until cooked through, 35 minutes, then remove foil and cook until bread is crisp on top, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- And there you have it, the most delicious low carb stuffing! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
The ROYO Family