Struggling to find a healthy dessert alternative? This recipe is guilt-free and it will definitely satisfy that sweet tooth! This recipe was developed by the Seed + Season Sisters, Ellie and Donna. Ellie is a Registered Dietitian and Donna is a Behavioral Coach that teaches mindful eating techniques and mindfulness-based stress reduction. They believe that a healthy lifestyle leads to healthy relationships.
What you'll need:
- 4 slices ROYO Cinnamon Bread, lightly toasted and cut into cubes
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup organic honey or 100% maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans or walnuts, chopped
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place ROYO Cinnamon bread cubes in a baking dish prepped with parchment paper.
- Melt ghee with almond milk in a small saucepan.
- Pour over bread and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, honey or maple syrup, salt and cinnamon. Stir in chopped rhubarb.
- Stir into bread mixture. Top with pecans.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until set. Serve warm.