This recipe was developed by the Seed + Season Sisters, Ellie and Donna. Ellie is a Registered Dietitian and Donna is a Behavioral Coach that teaches mindful eating techniques and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
They believe that reaching any wellness goal starts with healing your relationship with food.
What you'll need:
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ 15-ounce can pumpkin (or just under 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups ROYO Artisan bread, toasted and cubed
- Optional for serving: berries, apples, raisins, Greek yogurt
How to make:
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, maple syrup, eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt until well blended.
- Add bread and stir carefully to combine, making sure there are no dry pieces remaining.
- Lightly coat an 8x8 square baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour the bread into the dish, arranging evenly in the pan. Pour any leftover custard over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve with your favorite topping.