This recipe was developed by the Seed + Season Sisters, Ellie and Donna. Ellie is a Registered Dietitian and Donna is a Behavioral Coach that teaches mindful eating techniques and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
They believe that reaching any wellness goal starts with healing your relationship with food.
What you'll need:
- 4 cups toasted + cubed ROYO Artisan Bread (or another flavor of ROYO), about 16 slices
- ½ lb. Brussels sprouts, cut in fourths
- 1 cup acorn squash, cubed
- 1 cup sweet potato, cubed
- ½ onion, cubed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sage
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 4 tbsp. grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- Fresh parsley and dried cranberries for garnish (optional)
How to make:
- Toast and cube ROYO bread slices into 1-inch pieces. You can also toast slices in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- To roast the veggies. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sized bowl add the Brussels sprouts, acorn squash, sweet potato, onion, olive oil, 1 teaspoon sage, and 1 teaspoon thyme and toss to coat. Spread out veggies in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for about 20-30 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- In a large bowl toss ROYO bread cubes, vegetables, butter, and remaining dried herbs. Spread into a 9x13 inch pan and pour the chicken broth on top. Cover and Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then uncover and bake for about 10 minutes more.